Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Boulevard
Release date:July 1974
Genre: Blues Rock
Although there are some new reggae influences, the album doesn't sound all that different from the rock, pop, blues, country, and R&B amalgam of Eric Clapton. However, "461 Ocean Boulevard" is a tighter, more focused outing that enables Clapton to stretch out instrumentally.
The album shies away from the rich sonorities and lyrical, flowing lines that made Clapton an unhappy superstar. So determined is he to break from his past that frequently he plays dobro instead of guitar.
In 2003, the album was ranked #409 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
- Motherless Children
- Give Me Strength
- Willie And The Hand Jive
- Get Ready
- I Shot The Sheriff
- I Can't Hold Out
- Please Be With Me
- Let It Grow
- Steady Rollin' Man
- Mainline Florida
- Eric Clapton – Vocals, Guitar, Dobro
- Yvonne Elliman – Vocals
- Dick Simms – Keyboards
- George Terry – Guitar, Vocals
- Carl Radle – Bass
- Jamie Oldaker – Drums, Percussion
- Al Jackson, Jr. – Drums on "Give Me Strength"
- Albhy Galuten – Synthesizer, Piano, Clavichord
- Tom Bernfield – Background Vocals
- Marcy Levy – Harmonica, Background Vocals