Roy Buchanan – That's What I Am Here For
Genre: Blues Rock
The stronger tracks were the cover version of "Hey Joe", Buchanan's tribute to Hendrix, is enough to seal Buchanan's reputation, with some lightning fast and super heavy blues runs, "Home Is Where I Lost Her," a tale of the death of a lady friend, "Nephesh" - Hebrew for "soul" (one story that has been confirmed, "Rodney's Song," a soulful Southern rocker that would have been at home on an early Allman Brothers album.
During the sessions for this record, Buchanan met John Lennon, who was mixing an album in an adjacent studio. Lennon offered to play on Buchanan's album, and invited the guitarist to lay down some licks on his LP, but Buchanan blew him off).
- My Baby Says She's Gonna Leave Me
- Hey Joe (In Memory Of Jimi Hendrix)
- Home Is Where I Lost Her
- Rodney's Song
- That's What I Am Here For
- Roy's Bluz
- Please Don't Turn Me Away
- John Harrison - Fender Bass, Backing Vocals
- Robbie Magruder - Drums
- Roy Buchanan - Guitar
- Billy Price - Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals
- Dick Heintze - Organ, Piano, Clavinet, Backing Vocals