Gravestone – Doomsday
For many years we'd known of 'Gravestone' as a heavy metal band of the mid-1980's, so it was a surprise to learn of their more progressive roots.
Their debut album 'Doomsday' was a largely instrumental collection, with only two songs "Doomsday" opening the album in a Harlis/Jane/Epitaph type vein, and "Stone Age" a much more typical Teutonic heavy prog ballad. The instrumentals, which are of varying recording quality, all seem to be extracts or condensed reworks of longer jams.
- Life In The Coffin
- On The Run
- Stone Age
- Summer '78
- Wolfgang Ritter - Lead Guitar
- Rudi Dorner - Rhythm Guitar
- Berti Majdan - Bass, Lead Vocals
- Andy Müller - Organ, Background Vocals
- Mike Schmidt - Drums, Percussion