Eden – Erwartung
Aptly, in tune with their name, 'Eden' were also very much a religious group, as virtually all of their songs use texts taken from the Bible, and amount to Teutonic rock-opera's in a sense.
At their best (as on 'Erwartung') 'Eden' come across as a blend of early 'Renaissance', 'Novalis' and 'Hoelderlin', together with some neo-progressive touches and all sorts of other prog, folk and symphonic touches!
The multi-instrumental nature of their music made for a rich palette of sound, and a wide variety of instrumental elements contrasting with the esoteric German vocal elements.
'Eden' are interconnected with various other bands on the Lord and Pila labels.
- Eden, 1. Teil
- Eden, 2. Teil
- Ein Anderes Land
- Marcus Egger - Vocals
- Anne Dierks - Vocals
- Annette Schmalenbach - Vocals
- Mario Schaub - Flute, Clarinet, Saxophone, Vocals
- Dirk Schmalenbach - Violin, Piano, Synthesizers, Sitar, Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Vocals
- Hans Fritzsch - Guitars
- Michael Dierks - Organ, Piano, Clavinet, String Ensemble, Vocals
- Michael Claren - Bass, Vocals
- Hans Müller - Drums, Percussion
- Emil Wirth - Congas